Here's the problem with teleportation.
关于瞬间转移有一个问题
Lay it on me.
折磨我吧
Assuming a device could be invented
假设我们可以发明一个设备
Which would identify the quantum state of matter
它能在某一地点
Of an individual in one location
确定某一个体的量子结构
And transmit that pattern to a distant location for reassembly, 并把其图像传送到另一地点再重新拼接到一起
You would not have actually transported the individual.
你便用不着传送这个个体
You would have destroyed him in one location
你就能在某一地点摧毁他
And recreated him in another.
然后在另一地点重造他
How about that.
真神奇啊
Personally, I would never use a transporter,
就我个人来说 我永远都不会用传送器
Because the original sheldon would have to be
因为原本的谢尔顿
Disintegrated in order to create a new sheldon.
一定要被分解才能创造一个新的谢尔顿
Would the new sheldon be in any way
新的谢尔顿在任一方面
An improvement on the old sheldon?
会比旧的谢尔顿好吗
No, he would be exactly the same.
不会 还是一模一样的
That is a problem.
这就是个问题
So you see it too.
你也看出问题来了吧
You don't have an open science grid computer
你們沒有OSG聯盟的計算機
Or a free electron laser, and the string theory research
或是自由電子激光器並且這裡的
Being done here is nothing but a dead end.
弦理論研究也已經是強弩之末
What the hell do you mean, "dead end"?
你說"強弩之末"到底是什麼意思?
I mean, the whole landscape of false vacuums
我的意思是虛真空上的全部地表
In string theory could be as large as ten
在弦理論里相當於
To the five hundredth power.
其10到500次冪的大小
Looks like you're doing work
看來你在做關於
In quantum loop corrections.
量子循環的修正
You see where you went wrong, don't you?
你知道你是哪兒錯了是吧
It's startling to me you haven't considered
令我吃驚的是你竟然沒考慮
A lorentz invariant or field theory approach.
洛倫茲不變量和場論步驟
Dennis Kim's 15 years old, and he's already correcting my work.
丹尼斯·金才15歲就已經能糾正我的研究成果了
Today, I went from being wolfgang amadeus mozart, to...
今天我從沃爾夫岡·阿瑪多伊斯·莫扎特變成了...
You know, that other guy.
你知道另一個人
Antonio salieri?
安東尼奧·薩利埃雷?(想除掉莫扎特的人)
Oh god, now even you're smarter than me.
天吶現在就連你也比我聰明了
You know, sheldon, you don't have
謝爾頓你要知道
So many friends that you can afford
你並沒有那麼多朋友
To start insulting them.
可以留給你來侮辱
Okay, well, right now I'm designing an experiment
好現在我在設計一個實驗
To study the soft component of cosmic radiation
來研究海平面上宇宙輻射的軟性分立
Is that a laser array?
那個是激光陣列嗎
What happens if you use argon lasers
如果你用氬激光器而不是氦氖
Instead of helium-neon?
會怎麼樣?
It would blow up.
那樣就會爆炸
Are you sure? pretty sure.
你肯定嗎比較肯定
"pretty sure" is not very scientific. "比較肯定"可不是很科學
Engineering.
工程
Where the noble semiskilled laborers
由這些傑出的半職業的工人
Execute the vision of those who think and dream.
來完成那些思考和夢想者的設想
A small payload support structure
一個小的支撐有效載荷結構
For a european science experimental package
提供給歐洲的科學實驗方案
That's going up on the next space shuttle.
這個會裝在下一艘太空船裡
Really? how does it work?
真的? 這東西怎麼工作?
When this is done, it will be attached
當完成之後這個將會放在
To the payload bay, and the sensor apparatus 有效載重艙上還有傳感器 Will rest on it. 也會被裝上
Now, I notice you're using titanium.
我注意到了你用的是鈦
Did you give any consideration to carbon nanotubes?
你有否考慮過用碳納米管?
They're lighter, cheaper, and have twice the tensile strength.
它們更輕更便宜並且具有兩倍的抗張強度
Components I built
我製造的元件
Are on the international space station and I get a ticket
已經用在了國際空間站上而我只得到了一張
For launching a model rocket in the park.
公園裡發射模型火箭的門票
I don't know if the ticket was
我不知道這張票對於
So much for the launch as it was
來這裡發射是不是那麼重要
For you telling the policewoman,
因為你會對著女警說
"you have to frisk me.
"你得搜搜我的身
I have another rocket in my pants."
我褲襠裡還有個火箭"